Last Updated on September 11, 2021 by Shawn Mark
As three-letter acronyms go, CBD gets a lot of play in today’s news. Although there is plenty of information available on its use and efficacy in delivering health benefits, it’s still so associated with cannabis in general that it remains a bit misunderstood. It also doesn’t help the legitimate view of CBD that you can purchase it at your gas station’s convenience store.
CBD (short for cannabidiol) is the soft side of cannabis, and by that I mean it won’t get you high or make you sick or paranoid or any of the other negative perceptions of what used to be called pot and dope. Advancements in the delivery of CBD have made it easy and convenient to use and to purchase even from the comfort of your couch through online sales.
Why would you want to consider CBD, though?
Five Reasons to Use CBD
Manufacturers of CBD gummies all claim some benefits, and the list is long. From treating anxiety and depression, reducing pain, and aiding in a good night’s sleep, CBD has been hailed as an inexpensive miracle substance direct from nature.
Native Americans espoused a philosophy of life: “Everything on earth has a purpose; every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission” Such are the attributions to the source of CBD – an herb to cure physical or spiritual pain.
Let’s list a few reasons to use CBD:
- In gummy form, it’s easy to take. No pills, no smoke, just a tasty gummy, like the candies of your youth.
- Because it is ingested, rather than smoked, it remains in your system longer to provide its benefits and is thus longer lasting.
- Easy to purchase online and to dose. No guessing, as each piece has an identified content level.
- It doesn’t make you high. It contains no THC, the active ingredient in cannabis that produces the euphoric effect. The worst side effect you’ll suffer is, perhaps, a dry mouth.
- Gummies taste good and come in a variety of flavors and textures. They chew well, go down easy, and aren’t harsh on your throat or lungs as smoking a fattie can be.
Effects of CBD Gummies
- For the woman who had hip replacement surgery, CBD gummies can act to reduce swelling and pain in recovery.
- For the fellow who suffers from anxiety or depression, and needs a little something to help him relax other than alcohol or the THC of cannabis, a gummy will help put him at ease.
- For you who are having a difficult time either falling asleep at night or staying asleep throughout the night, a gummy an hour before bedtime will help solve both problems.
- For the cancer patient you know, CBD gummies can act as a digestive aid in both stimulating their appetite and reducing nausea.
There are more, but you get the idea. You’ll be surprised how easy CBD gummies are to purchase, too. Take a look at Mary’s Medibles CBD Gummies here, as an example. A reasonable price, a good dosage, an easy checkout process, and quick delivery.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive resource on the use and benefits of CBD gummies. Scientific and medical research is ongoing into the use of CBD and its effectiveness in treating recognized diseases, and the FDA has already approved its use in the treatment of epilepsy. Studies are also underway to measure how it suppresses the growth of tumors and prevents the spread of their cells.
As this research continues, there very well may be new reasons discovered for using CBD. CBD Gummies are an excellent delivery system for that use. Low cost, easy acquisition, good taste, and effectiveness in their use all offer compelling reasons to make that first purchase.